Tuesday 20 March 2012

Today is Beatrix Potter Pick of the Day

My Blog today is of two cards that I made from Beatrix Potter CD's

The first is based around a small easel card from the Jeremy Fisher CD.

I matted the easel pieces onto coordination card and then centred the base onto a 6x6 card.
and shaped the side edges to match.



The other paper was also on this CD it is a lovely damask design. I covered the top , made an extra sheet for the insert, and cut scroll embellishments with a Spellbinders die from it.
The edges I distress with Tim Holtz ink.
The gems are also from the Beatrix Potter range




My second card is from the Exclusive World of Beatrix Potter CD.

This is an accordion card which has a different picture from each angle, as the card is detailed enough I kept it simple using borders from the CD to make a frame and cut fancy borders to surround the edges. 



 I am however quite chuffed with my carrots made using a strip of matching paper and a quilling tool. I rolled the strip quite tightly then stuck the end down, when it was dry using progressively smaller embossing tools I pushed into the centre until I had a carrot then added a few fern type leaves for the top. I think Benjamin Bunny would approve.


At 9.0pm this evening Sara Davies will launch the latest additions to the Beatrix Potter Collection on Ideal World So sit back and watch these lovely little characters take centre stage.

Today I have been playing with Luminarte sprays and dabbers hopefully the results will be good enough to end up as samples, only time will tell.
Tomorrow I'm off to Birmingham for the NEC with Louise Welsh and Leann Chivers. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
Happy Crafting. xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Margaret!! Fabulous cards and I love the carrots!!

Have a wonderful time tomorrow. Hope to meet you (and Sara, Leann and everyone else!) myself one day.
xxx

Bee said...

Fantastic cards! The carrots are brilliant, love them x

Rachel Brown said...

I love them. :ove the little carrots!!

Unknown said...

Margaret you need a medal for the most cards made in two days . Fabulous creations I love them all.
Hugs Elaine

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Before in essence you start, make selected the bedroom is this : if that's so ventilated, because gadget cleaner not only can they to construct all the way toxic fume,it will cause harm to understand more about in other words you and all your family.

Blog Del Centenario said...

Great reaad thank you