Sunday 1 April 2012

Well I had a wonderful time at the NEC with my partner in crime Louise Welsh.
We helped on the Crafters Companion stand on Thursday, I demo'd the darice embossing folders then we shopped till we dropped on Friday.

Here are some cards I made using the Darice folders that Louise had on Create and Craft on Friday




The first 3 use the star frame folder.                                               I used Luminart daubers on the inside of the folder and then put Neenah card inside. Depending on which side you put the colour determines whether the stars are embossed or debossed.


These 2 are on Coordination card sanded back.
This one I cut out the centre panel and lined with acetate then mounted it on foam to give a shaker card look. I then sprayed the card with Silver Spray and Sparkle.






My favorite folder was the 12" butterfly border, it is beautiful and I loved the look I achieved on different papers.

This is a 12" DL card made using Centura pearl card. This gives a beautiful finish.
I repeated the design on the insert and then tinted the design with inks. 






This was my favorite sample.
A C5 gatefold, around a C5 card  (slightly trimmed). The panels were embossed onto Coordinations card.
I embossed the full 12 " then sanded it back to reveal the design.



The part I cut off I used to cut out the design to make the topper.     I repeated the design on satin paper for the insert




 This card was embossed onto Vellum and trimmed with Pearls, then mounted over Coordination card trimmed with velvet ribbon







 Hope this gives you some ideas for your folders when they arrive.

Happy Crafting. xxxx

1 comment:

Veronica D said...

Great readinng your blog post